Nairobi, Kenya’s capital city is the first port of call for many of the country’s visitors. With GREAT LAKES SAFARIS Kenya origins, our local knowledge is unrivalled, and we are best placed to provide our clients with their ideal holiday. Safaris cover the full range of Kenya’s most famous national parks and game reserves in combinations that meet the requirements of most visitors. However, for those who require something a little bit different, is it walking tour or camel trek, a camping safari, flying safari or trekking route, our wealth of local knowledge and infrastructure can assist in putting together the perfect tailor-made itinerary.
selected this spot, the last totally flat ground before the steep climb up west to the Rift. Spacious exotic tree lined avenues, superb parks and the finest hotels now adorn this important African nervecentre. Outstanding facilities include the immense Kenyatta Conference Centre which seats 4,000, and recreational facilities include: Racecourse, Sports Stadiums, Cinemas, Theatres, Museums and many Golf clubs.
WINDSOR GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB
- Location: On the highlands of Kenya – just 20 minutes from the City centre.
- Facilities: 18 hole international course in an exotic setting of beautiful wood and parklands, Club and elegant Conference facilities, 2 Tennis and 2 Squash Courts, Croquet Green, Health Club, a variety of Restaurant offering a’la carte and table d’hote menus. Facilities include Pool, an Arcade of Shops, Art Gallery and Boutique.
- Accommodation : 80 Superior Double Rooms, 20 Super Suites and a sweep of 15 Cottages
- Opinion : Period piece accommodation, offering excellent service and cuisine.
- Location: A five minute walk from the City Centre. Shops, Theatres and Restaurants – Twenty minutes from the airport.
- Facilities: Five Restaurants, The Delamere and Ibis. The Delamere Bar & Terrace, a wide choice of Public Rooms, Beauty Salon, Swimming Pool and Gift Shop, with Golf on request.
- Opinion: Nairobi’s first hotel, an Edwardian classic set in peaceful grounds with aviaries, capturing the atmosphere of the turn of the century.
NAIROBI SAFARI CLUB
- Location: Close to the centre of town.
- Facilities: 2 Restaurants, 2 Bars, Swimming Pool
- Accommodation: 146 air-conditioned suites.
- Opinion: A modern hotel providing a high standard of accommodation and service.
INTER CONTINENTAL HOTEL
- Location: Centre, close by the Government buildings
- Facilities: 2 Restaurants, Swimming Pool with 2 Poolside Bars, Health Centre
- Accommodation: There are 385 air-conditioned en-suite rooms.
- Opinion: A first class hotel in a convenient location.
- Location: At the heart of Nairobi
- Facilities: 3 Restaurants, choice of Bars, Thorn Tree Café, Swimming Pool.
- Accommodation: The Stanley has 217 rooms including suites.
- Location: 20 minutes out of town set within 64 acres of tropical gardens.
- Facilities: Include 7 Restaurants and a choice of 3 Bars, Night Club, Swimming Pool and Sports facilities.
- Accommodation: The Safari Park has 204 rooms including suites.
- Location: In a traditional setting conveniently located near Westlands just north of the City centre – 40 minutes from the airport.
- Facilities: There are 2 Swimming Pools. Breakfast is enjoyed in the airy White Mischief Restaurant, which offers international table d’hote cuisine at economic prices.
- Accommodation: Twin bedded rooms, each with en-suite Bathroom, TV and Telephone Rooms are located on three levels, with a block of Superior Rooms to the rear surrounding a peaceful garden atmosphere.
- Opinion: A medium hotel offering friendly service
NAIROBI SERENA HOTEL
- Location: Five minutes from the City Centre – twenty minutes from the airport in Nairobi’s facing famous Uhuru Park.
- Facilities: Include a Health Club, Boutiques and Swimming Pool with its comfortable Coffee Shop. The tented ceiling Restaurant also offers a’la carte.
- Accommodation: Totally refurbished 190 rooms are air-conditioned with en-suite bathroom, TV and Video, Mini Bar and Telephone.
- Opinion: Peacefully set in landscaped, tropical gardens, this hotel enjoys the distinction of being included in ‘Leading Hotels of the World’.
- Location: The Hilton is located in the heart of Nairobi City shopping area, about 20 minutes from the airport.
- Facilities: You can dine at the Amboseli Grill, the Mara or Watamu Restaurants or enjoy a Bar-B-Que at the Poolside Bar. Also there is the Jockey Bar and the Pizzeria. There is a heated swimming pool and fully equipped health centre with sauna and steam bath. The Hilton has its own arcade of shops.
- Accommodation: Bedrooms are well appointed with a fully stocked minibar, personal safe and many have a panoramic view of the City park.
- Opinion: The hotel offers international famed Hilton service: luxurious accommodation and q wide choice of cuisine.