EXTRA DISCOUNT OF US$200 per person!
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: Entebbe – Bwindi National Park
Early in the morning drop off at Entebbe International Airport for a domestic flight to Western Uganda. From Kihihi Airstrip you will be transferred by road (1 hour) to the home of the endangered mountain gorillas.
Check in at the lodge and enjoy a delicious lunch. In the afternoon join a guided nature walk for a first introduction with Uganda’s unique flora and fauna. Dinner and overnight at Mahogany Springs.
Day 3: Gorilla tracking
The highlight of your safari: a meeting with the gentle giants of Bwindi! Expect to walk a long distance in steep and muddy conditions, sometimes with rain overhead, before you encounter any gorillas. But it will definitely be worthwhile as you observe them closely while they eat, play and rest. A unique and unforgettable experience! Dinner and overnight at Mahogany Springs.
Day 4: Bwindi National Park – Queen Elizabeth National Park
After a calm breakfast meet and greet with your Great Lakes Safaris representative who will transfer you to Queen Elizabeth National Park by road. The southern sector of this protected game reserve is called Ishasha and only a 2 hours drive. Check in and enjoy lunch at the lodge before going on a game drive in search of the famous tree climbing lions. Dinner and overnight at Ishasha Wilderness Camp.
Day 5: Queen Elizabeth National Park
In the morning another game drive to find the lions and their prey. We then depart the southern part and head towards the Mweya Peninsula with a game drive en route. Have lunch at the lodge while overlooking the beautiful Kazinga Channel, a natural channel between Lake Edward and Lake George.
In the afternoon we take on a boat cruise along the Kazinga Channel, inclusive of snacks and drinks on board. Thanks to the abundant birdlife that is sighted, and the elephants, buffaloes and hundreds of hippos that are cooling off at the shores, this cruise will definitely be one of the highlights of your safari. Dinner and overnight at Mweya Safari Lodge (deluxe room).
Day 6: Queen Elizabeth – Kibale Forest National Park
After a calm breakfast we will depart the national park and head towards Fort Portal. Fort Portal rests in the shadow of the fabled Mountains of the Moon and is famous for the many tea plantations. From this lovely town we will continue to Kibale National Park, while passing the region of the Crater Lakes. Here we will explore some small lakes, before heading to our accommodation for tonight. Dinner and overnight at Primate Lodge Kibale (superior safari tent).
Day 7: Kibale Forest & Bigodi Swamp
The forest opens its doors for a sensational chimp tracking! Kibale Forest is reputable of having the greatest variety and highest concentration of primates in East Africa. Enjoy a guided nature walk in the tropical rainforest in search of the wild chimpanzee, red-tailed monkey, black-and-white colobus monkey and many others. After lunch we transfer to the Bigodi Swamp which is initiated through the local community and is famous for the many species of birds and primates. Dinner and overnight at Primate Lodge Kibale (superior safari tent).
Day 8: Kibale Forest – Entebbe – Murchison Falls National Park
After breakfast you will be transferred to Kasese Airstrip (1.5-2 hour drive) where your domestic flight will be waiting for you. You will fly to Entebbe International Airport and from here you will continue directly to Pakuba Airstrip in Murchison Falls National Park. Transfer to the lodge to check in and relax. As the heat disappears from the day, enjoy a sunset cruise with snacks and an evening drink of your choice. Dinner and overnight at Paraa Safari Lodge (deluxe room).
Day 9: Murchison Falls National Park
After an early breakfast we start the day with a game drive on the northern bank of the Nile, with chances of seeing giraffes, elephants, lions, hartebeest and different species of birds. In the afternoon the safari will be continued with a boat cruise on the river Nile for game viewing at close quarters. Dinner and overnight at Paraa Safari Lodge (deluxe room).
Day 10: Murchison Falls National Park – Entebbe – Departure
Enjoy the final moments in the magical surroundings of Murchison Falls National Park before being transferred to Pakuba Airstrip for your flight back to Entebbe. Your flight departs at 13.45 hr and will arrive at Entebbe Airport at 16.30 hr. A day room at The Boma, including airport transfers, will be available until 21.00 hr to offer you the opportunity to freshen up, relax and have dinner before embarking on the final flight back home.
*** End of service Great Lakes Safaris ***
Tour package price: From US $
5740 5540 per person
Please contact our Tour Consultants for the detailed price information!
Tip: Extend your stay with…
- … Game viewing in the exclusive and remote Kidepo Valley National Park (private charters available)
- … Relaxing on the idyllic Bulago Island in Lake Victoria with sandy beaches and tropical rainforest
- … Discovering the Source of the Nile while staying on a private island between the rapids
Included in the price:
- Airport and airstrip transfers
- Domestic flights by Aerolink per 11-seater Caravan (max. weight allowance 15 kg in soft luggage)
- Ground transport per private 4WD safari vehicle from day 4 till day 8
- Experienced English speaking driver/guide
- Accommodation as described in the itinerary, based on a double room sharing
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Entrance and ranger fees for the national parks
- Activities mentioned in the program
- Permit for chimp tracking in Kibale Forest
- Detailed Uganda map
- VAT for upcountry hotel and lodge accommodations
- AMREF Flying Doctors insurance
- International flight
- Visa (USD $50)
- Gorilla permit
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- Items of personal nature
- Laundry service
Terms & conditions:
- The rates are in US dollars and subject to change.
- Availability of accommodation, permits and activities is not guaranteed until confirmation by your contact person of Great Lakes Safaris. Permits are sold on ‘first come first serve’ basis.
- Should any of the included accommodations not be available, Great Lakes Safaris reserves the right to substitute it with an alternative suitable accommodation, which might affect the final quoted price.
- Gorilla permits can only be secured after receiving the requested deposit.
- The chimp tracking may take place either in the morning or afternoon, depending on the availability of chimp permits.
- Please consult our general Terms & Conditions.