Not long ago, Rwanda attracted adventurers through its natural treasures ranging from gorillas to rain forests to big game. Then in 1994, the infamous genocide brought Rwanda to the world’s attention for tragic reasons. Despite the hard times, today the country is once again on the road to a bright future. Leading the way are those same attractions that continue to thrill the adventurer, ecotourist and/or nature-lover. In addition to nature, Rwanda offers a welcoming and culturally rich atmosphere.
Why RWANDA, the ALTERNATIVE safari destination?
- Home of the Mountain Gorilla
- Authentic African Culture
- Comfortable Weather and excellent year-round viewing
- Unparalleled Scenery
- Lodges, Home stays and Budget Safari Camping
- Great food
- Safety and Reliability
Why Great Lakes Safaris in Rwanda?
- Committed to low impact tourism and the protection of Rwanda’s natural resources.
- Small Groups.
- Personalized care and attention.Individualized tours, matching your interests and budget.
- The best safari guides in Rwanda.
- We have unmatched company-wide expertise.
- We are supporting sustainable and responsible tourism that helps the country.
- Our Safaris are a Great Value.