Position: Lodge Manager
- Kasese, Uganda (Simba Safari Camp)
- Masindi, Uganda (Kaniyo Pabidi – Budongo Eco Lodge)
- Kibale National Park, Uganda (Primate Lodge Kibale)
Reporting to: Assistant Manager Reservations/Lodges and Corporate Services Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and coordinates the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest services and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation at the lodge.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Enforcing all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Developing annual budgets and forecasts, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions and establishing and monitoring financial controls and strategies.
- Making all guests feel welcome and giving responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Verifying that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the lodge’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards while observing food safety and local health department rules and regulations.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with Lodge policies and procedures.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Provide monthly updates to the General Manager inclusive of financials and operations
- Ensure that all goods received are in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the lodge’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that lodge policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Coordination of work schedules (and leave) as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all key positions are staffed when and as needed and cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of lodge policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures and make prompt employment and termination decisions.
- Contributes to the development of the Lodges annual marketing plan, capitalizing on all areas to increase revenues, improve image and build local and out of the area patronage.
- Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management or 5 years of progressive management experience in hotels and food and beverage operations
- Ability to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of the trading area
- Knowledge of service, food and beverage, generally involving at least three years of assistant management positions
- Basic skills and the ability to operate a cash register or POS system is an added advantage
- Knowledge of food and beverage cost/quality controls
- Ability to create, work with and supervise a cohesive team of employees including: accommodation, bar and restaurant.
All interested candidates should send their Cover Letter, CV and supporting documents to Jourdan@greatlakessafaris.com